Get ready to lock ‘n’ load apocalypse fans! Assemble Entertainment and developer Pixelsplit Games today announced that the hugely popular over-the-top 8bit-style zombie shooter Deadly Days is out now on PlayStation via the PlayStation Store and Xbox from the Microsoft Store.
What is Deadly Days?
Deadly Days is a unique strategic rogue-lite set during a zombie apocalypse. Manage and protect a group of survivors and help them to stop the catastrophe. Discover and use a large number of wild and crazy objects, even wilder and crazier survivors, special abilities, and deadly weapons.
Console Release Trailer
What is the Story of Deadly Days?
Shortly before the apocalypse begins, the fast-food chain MKing brings out a new burger. The meat includes a secret, addictive ingredient to increase profits (and you know we love profits!). Over time, however, the drug leads to the shutting down of all areas of the brain except for the need for fresh meat. Lots of meat! If that’s not bad enough, the disease also prevents consumers from dying a natural death – violent means are the only option
What are the features of Deadly Days?
- More than 60 crazy objects that make every game unique, including tooth paste
- For every attempt to save the world, you need to find the best combination of objects, special abilities, and weapons. You must use whatever you happen to get. Endless airstrikes or an army of rats? There are many paths to Rome, but you decide.
- More than 30 powerful special abilities that can dramatically alter the outcome of fights
- Three different specialties in which you can find new abilities, survivors, objects, and types of weapons
- Overall: 29 types of weapons with randomly generated modifications
- Procedurally generated cities and missions
- The cities are created procedurally, allowing for endless combinations. Plunder the cities as quickly as possible, otherwise an exploding zombie might blast you to pieces, or a zombie on steroids might stomp you to dust. Be careful! Very dangerous hordes of zombies await in the night.
- More than 55 different survivors with 50 different abilities
- More than 10 different types of zombies who want only one thing: brains
- And three bosses who must be vanquished at the end
- Lovingly crafted pixel art
Which languages Are Supported?
Deadly Days – Nintendo Switch version, will have text output in the following languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Portuguese – Brazil
How is the Replayability Factor for Deadly Days?
As the game offers a huge variety of objects, special abilities, different types of weapons, randomly generated modifications for weapons, procedural generated missions and cities, different survivors and abilities, there is always something new you will have to try each game.
Who Developed Deadly Days
Deadly Days is developed by “Pixelsplit“. The studio is located in Frankfurt and Main and consists of 7 people at the time of writing. Pixelsplit wanted to create a slightly new kind of Roguelites, where you have to manage a chaotic collective of individual survivors as a coherent unit.
Resource management, hard decisions and crazy items often play a big role in this. Story-wise, the game is also a little hint to the food industry. The Nintendo switch was important to them as avid switch players because they think the game is ideal for playing on the go or relaxing on the TV.
Are there any more details/news about the involved developers and publisher?
Sure thing, find below the official channels of both publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Pixelsplit, for the latest news and updates:
- Pixelsplit Games:
- Assemble Entertainment: