PQube has today announced that Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair will release on the PS4 in Europe this coming February 12th. Great news for inpatient people, bad news for those who don’t care. Oh, and there’s also some snazzy t-shirt being bundled in with the game. How lovely.
There’s more good news, too, as the publisher has announced that Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space will be releasing on the PS Vita the very same day, February 12, 2016. Wonderful news for fans of the PS Vita and Earth Defense Force, bad news for those who don’t care.
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair features:
- Take on almost 100 levels – solo, couch co-op, or online with up to three friends!
- Use tanks, helicopters, jetpacks, bikes, armoured rail guns, and giant robots to take on the invading alien force!
- Huge, open levels with fully destructible environments.
- Hundreds of weapons and gadgets from grenades, rifles, and airstrikes, to giant mecha!
- Four different classes for unique play experiences. Soar over the battlefield as a Wing Diver, call the shots as an Air Raider, wade into the thick of it as a heavily armoured Fencer, or do it the old-fashioned way as a Ranger!
Earth Defense Force 2 brings giant monster carnage to the small screen in a big way – remastering one of the most loved instalments in the EDF series!
Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space features:
- All the explosive free-roaming action of Earth Defense Force in the palm of your hand!
- Three character classes to chose from – the agile Pale Wing, the hard-hitting Infantryman, and the tactically gifted Air Raider.
- Increase your firepower with a range of heavily armed vehicles and protect (or lay waste to) the fully destructible cities.
- Join up to three friends, either in local multiplayer or online, for co-op or versus mode!
We usually find that the first few months of the year are typically quite boring with very few releases, but this year looks like it’s going to be a little different, doesn’t it? We’re not complaining; more games are always welcome.