If you are a novice in FFXIV and are looking to become a veteran player, you must aim to become a Battle or Trade Mentor. In FFXIV, there are different requirements that you can fulfil to get the status of Mentor.
For players who don’t know, Mentors can help new players to learn more about the game, party up to give an EXP boost to new players while helping them with dungeons, duty, and other such content, guide them via the Novince Network, and more.
In return, you get the mentor status icon right next to your nametag, which increases your reputation and the weight of your advice in the FFXIV community; it lets players know that you are a veteran player and other things.
So, keep reading our guide as we share the FFXIV mentor requirements while discussing a few related things.
- Want to play FFXIV but know about the monthly subscription cost? Check our guide on how much FFXIV monthly subscription costs for more details.
FFXIV mentor requirements
There are two types of Mentors that you can become in FFXIV by fulfilling their respective requirements that revolve around earning specific achievements.
- If you want to change class in FFXIV, this guide will tell you how.
Once you fulfil them and become a Mentor, you can choose between the four mentor status icons:
- Mentor: Crown
- PvE Mentor: Crown with a Sword
- PvP Mentor: Crown with a bluish flag
- Trade Mentor: Crown with a hammer
The Mentor status is for players who fulfill both Battle and Trade Mentors requirements. The ones who meet the Battle Mentor requirement can choose between PvP and PvE, and lastly, fulfilling the Trade Mentor criteria will let you choose the Trade Mentor status icon.
How to become Battle Mentor in FFXIV
Here are the different requirements that you must fulfill to become a Battle Mentor in FFXIV:
- Complete 1,000 instanced dungeons, raids, or trials.
- Receive 1500 player commendations.
- Complete the Tank role quest ‘A Path Unveiled.’
- Complete the Healer role quest ‘The Gift of Mercy.’
- Complete any of the DPS Role quests
- Melee DPS role quest ‘To Calmer Seas.’
- Physical Ranged DPS role quest ‘Laid to Rest.’
- Magical Ranged DPS role quest ‘Ever March Heavensward.’
How to become Trade Mentor in FFXIV
Here is the list of requirements that you must meet to become a Trade Mentor in FFXIV:
- Gather or catch 300 collectibles.
- Synthesize 100 collectibles
- Reach Level 90 with any ‘Disciple of the Land’ Gathering job.
- Achieve Miner level 90.
- Achieve Botanist level 90
- Achieve Fisher level 90.
- Reach Level 90 with any ‘Disciple of the Hand’ Crafting job.
- Achieve Carpenter level 90
- Achieve Blacksmith level 90
- Achieve Armorer level 90
- Achieve Goldsmith level 90
- Achieve Leatherworker level 90
- Achieve Weaver level 90
- Achieve Alchemist level 90
- Achieve Culinarian level 90
That concludes our guide on FFXIV mentor requirements. For more on FFXIV, keep reading The Games Cabin.