Rockstar has announced today that it is launching a new “membership” service called GTA+ (GTA Plus) exclusively for GTA Online for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S – it will not be available on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, at least not yet.
GTA+ will launch on March 29th, 2022, and it will offer subscribers in-game content for GTA Online. But what do you actually get in GTA+? That’s a good question, and it’ll change each month.
Each month, you’ll get $500,000 deposited to your in-game Maze Bank account, as well as opportunities to claim property, special vehicle upgrades, member discounts, GTA$ and RP bonuses. Essentially, you’ll get more if you pay more.
For the first month, which runs March 29th through to April 27th, you’ll get the following:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
Is it worth $5.99? No idea. I personally don’t care for GTA Online, but I know that I’d be happy to plonk down three times as much money for some single-player DLC. Dreams are dreams, though, right?
To some, this may seem like Rockstar trying to have another bite of the apple and squeezing a little more out of GTA V. The game recently got its third console release with the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S editions. Thankfully, it was a cheap enough upgrade to not cause a massive uproar, but this new GTA+ membership? It’s sure to annoy a few players with claims of GTA Online turning into pay-to-win. Just look at the replies to the announcement on Twitter to get a feel for what players are really thinking.
Source: Rockstar Games