High on Life is a gorgeous game. The visual colour palette is immediately striking, and whatever you think about the humour, you can’t deny the unique art style that absorbs every frame of the game. However, it’s also making a lot of players feel sick due to its limited FOV settings.
Since its launch, players have been desperately trying to figure out how to change the FOV settings to make their experience much more accessible. Thankfully, after some digging, a method has been found, and while it may not be the most ideal, it reportedly works. If you want to change your FOV settings in High on Life, here’s exactly how to do so.
- Find out all the shop locations and items they sell in High on Life.
How To Change The FOV Settings In High On Life
Unfortunately, on both the PC and Xbox versions of High on Life, there is no official way to change the FOV settings. This is creating a nauseating experience for some players, causing some to back out of playing the game entirely in the hopes an option will be added down the road.
However, the gaming community has come up with a workaround, but it unfortunately only works for PC players. It involves downloading two pieces of software. The first is called Universal Unreal Console Unlocker and the second is known as Cheat Engine. With these two applications, you can do a bit of fiddling and tweak the FOV in High on Life to accommodate you.
Here is a rundown of how to use both applications to change the FOV in High on Life:
- Download Universal Unreal Console Unlocked and loads it up.
- Click the General tab.
- Click High on Life.
- Click Inject DLL.
- A message will appear confirming that the console is unlocked.
- Press ~.
- Type fov and then insert the FOV number you want. (I.E: fov 70)
This is only the first part of the process, as, after a while, the FOV will revert back. What you need to do is lock it in place, and this is where Cheat Engine comes into play.
Here’s how to use Cheat Engine:
- Download and run Cheat Engine.
- Launch your save for High on Life.
- Press Alt+Tab to return to Cheat Engine.
- Click Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping.exe.
- Click Memory Scan.
- Untick the Writable box, then press Executable.
- Change the scan type to Search for this array.
- Change the value type to Array of Byte.
- Search for this array: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC F3 0F 11 89 3C 02 00 00 C3 CC CC CC CC CC CC CC.
- Click the search result.
- Click the Value section and change the “F3 0F 11 89 3C 02 00 00 C3” to “90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 C3.”
With this done, you will lock the FOV in place and be able to play High on Life at your own access level. It’s a bit of a pain, but it’s a notable workaround until, hopefully, an update adds a permanent feature to the game.
- We also have a guide on how to get the jetpack in High on Life.