With new updates coming out at a regular pace, you may be curious to know how to pre-install Honkai: Star Rail updates. Well good news, because there’s a pretty simple way to do it on PC and mobile.
In this “Honkai: Stair Rail pre-install” guide, we’ll show you exactly what you need to do. So, keep reading for a full rundown.
How to pre-install Honkai: Star Rail updates on PC
With the release of update 1.1 for Honkai: Star Rail, miHoYo has published a post with instructions on how to pre-download resources ahead of the update.
Thankfully, the simple process of a Honkai: Star Rail pre-install for the Version 1.1 update shouldn’t take you long to do:
- Firstly, open the PC launcher for the game. This is where you would normally launch the game from.
- On the left side of the Start Game button, you will find a button called “Game Pre-Installation“.
- Click on this and select “Get now” to start downloading the new update.
Fortunately, you can still play the game on PC whilst the update is pre-downloading.
- Here’s the best Asta build in Honkai: Star Rail.
How to pre-install Honkai: Star Rail updates on mobile
You can also pre-install Honkai: Star Rail updates on mobile for both Android and iOS platforms.
To pre-install the Honkai: Star Rail update on mobile, follow this step-by-step process:
- Firstly, launch the game like you normally would.
- The “Resource Pre-Download” button should appear at the bottom right of the login screen.
- Click on this and you should start installing the update.
It’s worth noting that mobile users cannot play the game whilst installing updates. If you’re on PC you can continue to play the game as usual.
After the version update, mobile device users will still need to download the latest client to experience all the new version’s content.
That’s everything you need to know thanks to this “Honkai: Star Rail pre-install” guide.
For more Honkai: Star Rail guides, keep reading The Games Cabin!