Minecraft is a powerful game that has taken the world by storm. Creating custom worlds and spending thousands of hours perfecting them is fun to do alone, but so much better with friends. You may wonder how to add friends on Minecraft so that you can show off your sweet creations, or see your friends’.
You can play with other players on Minecraft in several ways including splitscreen, on an online server, on Minecraft Realms, or on a Local Area Network (LAN) connection.
What You Need To Play With Other Minecraft Players
Other than playing splitscreen, if you want to play online you are going to need to be connected to the internet. Make sure you are plugged in with your ethernet cable or on an active WiFi connection to get started. You should also make sure you are on the same server as the current version of the game you are playing. You can avoid any issues by making sure your Minecraft game is fully updated with any patches that are out.
Adding Friends on Minecraft for PC
- To add friends for Minecraft, you will first need the Xbox App. You can find and download the Xbox App here.
- Sign into your Xbox account in the app. If you do not have one, create one first through the app and sign in.
- Open the app and click on “Xbox Social”
4. On the Social tab, you can see your friends list, or you can search for your friends via their Gamertag, and invite them to your party.
How To Play Minecraft With Friends on LAN
You can play Minecraft with other players in your household through a Local Area Network (LAN) connection. If other players are connected to your network, complete the follow steps to play with them:
- Start Minecraft and press play.
- Press the ESC key and click “Open a LAN”
- Select the game mode you want to start, then click Start LAN World.
- Now your friends can join your game when they select Multiplayer as long as they are on your network.