Sony’s Playstation 4 DualShock controller is one of the best controllers currently in the market and now VGS English has released an awesome video showcasing how easy it is to connect to your PC with just one simple app.
Here is a step-by-step guide if you would prefer skipping the video entirely.
- Download the application from the download page
- Follow the installation wizard and ensure all the necessary files are installed
- Plug in any DS4 via micro usb cable
- Enjoy playing Xbox 360 enabled games with your DS4!
To setup and play wireless:
- Go to your Bluetooth settings (it’s found under PC and devices under PC settings)
- Hold both the share and the PS button together until the Lightbar starts blinking. This makes it detectable on Bluetooth devices.
- Pair the controller by selecting it in the Bluetooth options
- Wait until it’s fully installed then begin playing.
Even though PC gamers will naturally use a keyboard and mouse some people may be accustomed to a controller, which in some cases provides a disadvantage compared to a keyboard and mouse but, be that as it may there is no downside to a usual comfortable feel. Now that the DualShock 4 controller is able to connect to PC’s easily it may contest the already widely used Xbox 360 controller and also the Xbox One controller that will be able to connect to PC’s via a dongle that Microsoft will be releasing alongside their new Windows 10.