If you are looking to get the Tonberry outfit and other lucrative rewards in FFXIV from The Hatching Tide event, you must know how to get the Special Midnight Archon Egg in FFXIV.
In case you didn’t know, Special Midnight Archon Egg is the event currency you can use to exchange rewards like different parts of the Tonberry outfit, Magiked Prism, Pa-Papaya Demastered Orchestrion Roll, and other rewards.
So keep reading our guide as we explain how exactly you can get a Special Midnight Archon Egg in FFXIV.
- Here’s a guide on what’s included in the FFXIV starter edition.
How to get a special midnight archon egg in FFXIV
In FFXIV, you can get the event currency Special Midnight Archon Egg by gathering them during the Don’t Be Sylphish FATE that appears in the Bentbranch area of the Central Shroud in The Black Shroud forest region.
- Want to play FFXIV but know about the monthly subscription cost? Check our guide on how much FFXIV monthly subscription costs for more details.
But, in order to spawn the said FATE to obtain Special Midnight Archon Egg in FFXIV, you must first make your way to Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre found in Old Gridania.
Here’s a map screenshot that you can use as a reference to reach the location:
Once you are at the Amphitheatre, speak to the NPC named Jihli Aliapoh. Doing so will trigger The Hatching Tide 2023 event quest, Get Along and Play Knife, that tasks you to fright away three Sylphs. Complete the quest and return to Aliapoh to get the next quest, which asks you to complete the Don’t Be Sylphish FATE.
This is the phase where you earn some Special Midnight Archon Eggs. During the Don’t Be Sylphish FATE, go to its location and try to gather as many Archon Eggs as you can before the FATE ends.
Once you have the required number of Archon Eggs, hand them to the event quest NPC to complete Aliapoh’s second quest, which rewards you with Special Midnight Archon Eggs equivalent to the number of Archon Eggs you collected during the said FATE.
If you are looking to get all the rewards offered in the current The Hatching Tide event, then you will need 16 or more Special Midnight Archon Eggs. On that note, you must complete the Don’t Be Sylphish FATE multiple times.
To sum things up, here is what you must do to obtain Special Midnight Archon Eggs in FFXIV:
- Go to Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre in Old Gridania
- Talk to Jihli Aliapoh to trigger the quest Get Along and Play Knife
- Complete the Get Along and Play Knife quest to get the second quest that requires completing the Don’t Be Sylphish FATE
- Gather Archon Eggs in the FATE area and give them to the event quest NPC to obtain Special Midnight Archon Eggs
That concludes our guide on how to get a Special Midnight Archon Egg in FFXIV. For more on FFXIV, keep reading The Games Cabin.