The latest patch of Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord updates the game to version 1.8.0. It is a hefty patch that adds a ton of new content to the game alongside many performance optimizations.
It has been two years since Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord entered the early-access period. The long-awaited sequel of the series has come a long way in the last two years. With a ton of new content and a great number of performance improvements, it is safe to say the team at TaleWorlds Entertainment has been hard at work.
Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord 1.8.0 patch proves that the game is on the right path and is getting closer to the full release. The length of the patch notes was too long that they had to leave a link on the Steam page of the game.
Now let’s dive in and find out what expects us in the latest version of the game.
Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord 1.8 Update
The patch updates the game in every aspect. From performance issues to AI improvements, new battle scenes to exciting new features, the 1.8 patch proves that the game is shaping up to be a masterpiece of its developer. The latest update brings some of the most needed improvements to the game. Note that the notes below are some of the most important ones. The full list published on the website
- A new and improved system will force reinforcements to spawn near the deployment boundaries of the battle. This will solve the problem of enemy troops spawning out of nowhere.
- It is also possible to reset the character’s and the companion’s perks at an arena master. So it is safe to say that this patch adds the respec function to Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord.
- Noble parties are now able to buy and carry more food for their armies.
- A new change in Crafting now separates the crafting piece unlocking experience to the respective weapon. Crafting a weapon now gathers experience for that particular type only. Any unlocked crafting piece will only be available for that weapon type.
- The cohesion boost system has also received a new improvement. The cohesion of armies will now boost when they defend a castle or battle in a siege. This increases the level of immersion as fighting together with other armies in critical situations should empower the feeling of union.
- A new village type called Camel Ranch has been added to the game as well.
- The player’s clan has to be at least Tier 3 if they want to request a meeting in towns and castles.
The massive update brings much-needed improvements to the game
Other faction rulers will now send mercenary offers to the player. Players will be able to accept these offers without having to talk to a certain ruler. Introduced vassalage will also be sent to the player by faction leaders. These notifications function as an invitation to discuss with the ruler the topic of potential vassalage.
- Players will now be able to play board games with the members of their clan. The update improves the logic behind the board game as well.
- Modders can now add new races to the game through the skins.xml file. The custom skeleton support will enable mod developers to add races like Orcs and Elves to the game.
- A set of amazing improvements were made for mod developers.
- There is also a chance of a Hero Death during combat.
You can have a look at the official website of TaleWorlds Entertainment to see the full list of crash fixes as well.
- The new patch comes with a series of optimizations and crash fixes as well. Crashes that occur when entering a village under raid and installing old saves have been fixed.
- There have been reports of crashing after the hideout scene and during sieges and field battles as well. The new version of the game also fixes these alongside several crashes that take place in Extortion by Deserters and Noble Revolt quests.
- Several crashes that take place when upgrading troops, loading the campaign map and taking control of an agent in the siege have been fixed.
- TaleWorlds has also worked on fixing the crashes that happen when the player enters a dialogue with a quest giver during a raid.
- Players can now execute the last member of a living clan without worrying about a possible crash.
As we mentioned earlier, these patch notes are only the tip of the iceberg. We’ve compiled the big changes that will take place after Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord 1.8.0 patch goes live.