If there’s one thing that collectors love, it’s collector’s editions of things. It’s the same with everything from post-stamps, Blu-Ray movies and games, so it’s not really surprising to see that Square Enix will be pushing out a Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition later on this year.
While most probably won’t be interested in sinking $149.99 (that’s how much it costs) into the special edition, those who love little trinkets and extra bonus content will be happy to know that there’s plenty of stuff being packed into the premium package.
Here’s what you’ll get for your money:
- Full retail copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- 12”-tall statue of Lara Croft, which depicts her searching for answers on her first Tomb Raiding Expedition.
- Collectible Steel Case, crafted with the symbol of an artifact.
- A replica of Lara’s leather in-game journal.
- A model of Lara’s Jade Necklace, including the pendant that was her first archeological discovery, and the strap that was given to her by Conrad Roth, her late mentor.
You’ll probably not spend much time wearing Lara’s Jade necklace out in public, but at least the rest of the goods are worth showing off to your mates.
Rise of the Tomb Raider will release on November 10th for Xbox One and Xbox 360. PS4 and PC players will have to wait until late next year to get their hands on Lara’s bits – assuming this edition gets released on other platforms.
Will you be dropping a bomb on this lot, or will you be happy enough to, you know, just play the game? Dig your way to the comments and let us know.
Source: Square Enix