The Splatoon 3 amiibo unlock details are available for squids and kids jumping into the world of Splatsville for the series’ latest iteration. Players who own any of Nintendo’s iconic figurines will undoubtedly be looking to see how they can affect the gameplay experience in Splatoon 3. Here’s everything players need to know about amiibo and what they unlock in Splatoon 3.
Where To Go To Scan Amiibo
In order to unlock in-game items using Splatoon 3 amiibo, players will need to head to the amiibo stand located in the hub city of Splatsville. The amiibo stand is located right behind the main spawn point, meaning players should find it pretty easily by simply turning around. The stand looks like an empty amiibo box.
Interacting with the amiibo stand will bring up a series of on-screen instructions. After simply following the instructions, players will be poised to scan their amiibo and take advantage of some of the special rewards that this game has to offer.
What Do All Of The Amiibo Unlock In Splatoon 3
Currently, there are 17 amiibo figures that are compatible with Splatoon 3. In addition, Nintendo confirmed during the Splatoon 3 Direct in August that three more figurines will debut during the 2022 holiday season: Octoling Boy (Blue), Inkling Girl (Yellow), and Smallfry.
Players should note that there is some overlap in the cosmetics offered by certain Splatoon amiibo. As a result, if the player fails to obtain a new reward after scanning an amiibo, it is likely because they have already scanned an amiibo that has the same effect. In addition, amiibo from any series other than Splatoon do not have any effect in this game.
Here’s an overview of every amiibo compatible with Splatoon 3 and the cosmetics set that each of them unlock:
- Inkling Boy (Blue) and Inkling Boy (Purple) – Samurai Armor
- Inkling Boy (Green) – Squinja Uniform
- Inkling Girl (Orange), Inkling Girl (Green), and Inkling Girl (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) – School Uniform
- Inkling Girl (Pink) – School Cardigan Outfit
- Inkling Squid (Green) and Inkling Squid (Orange) – Power Armor
- Inkling Squid (Purple) – Power Armor Mk 1
- Octoling Boy (Pink) – Steel Armor
- Octoling Girl (Pink) – Enchanted Gear
- Octoling Octopus (Pink) – Fresh Fish Mascot Costume
- Callie – Hero Replica
- Marie – Armor Replica
- Pearl – Pearlescent Gear
- Marina – Marinated Gear
For more Splatoon 3 guides, be sure to keep reading The Games Cabin.