Rainbow Six: Siege launched without the usual fanfare that Ubisoft is known for, but that doesn’t mean the game has been a failure. If anything, it’s been quite successful in capturing the essence of what a tactical shooter should be. Still, it doesn’t look like Ubisoft is happy enough with the game’s sales numbers as the publisher has today detailed the game’s referral program. Details are as below:
- Existing PC players can visit rainbow6keys.ubi.com right now to receive four referral keys.
- Recruits can start pre-loading the game as of now, through Uplay™.
- Free weekend access begins Friday, December 18, 12:01 am CET and lasts through Sunday, December 20, 06:01 am CET.
- Each recruit who redeems a key will reward referrers with a 24-hour Renown Boost that they will receive shortly after the program ends.
- Recruits who decide to purchase the full game will receive a 25% discount from the Uplay Shop and keep their in-game progression.
Not a bad deal, really, though it does seem a little odd and – dare we say it – desperate. The Rainbow Six Siege referral program wasn’t the only thing included in today’s press release – a new trailer was also pushed out. It’s a strange one, really, but it’s nice enough. It’s basically a compilation of fails and funnies from the game. Quite light-hearted, easy to digest, nothing too offensive. It’s embedded down below for your viewing pleasure.