This is a list of all items you can obtain from mining in New World. Some items you will obtain every time you mine a resource. Others will be uncommon and you will get them very seldom. Other items will be rare and you will specifically need luck rating to make it possible to drop. Read more about luck rating and how it affects your drops here.
The color will determine the rarity:
- Common – White Color / Black Color
- Uncommon – Green Color (Much less likely to drop than common)
- Rare – Blue Color (Although some of these are categorized as “uncommon”, they need luck to have a chance to drop)
How Luck Affects Rare Mining Items in New World
Specifically for rare items that are obtainable in mining, depending on their Tier you will need a different amount of mining luck to have them appear on the potential loot table.
- Tier 2 & 3: 1,000 Mining Luck Required
- Tier 4: 1,450 Mining Luck Required
- Tier 5: 1,800 Mining Luck Required
This means that for even a chance at obtaining Tier 2 or 3 items from mining, you must currently have 1,000 mining luck while mining a node. This 1,000 translates to 1%. Any time you have mining luck, you can divide it by 1,000 to get the percentage probability that you can get that item.
Similarly, this means that in order to obtain a Tier 5 rare resource from mining, you will need a minimum of 1,800 mining luck for it to have a chance to drop. If you have exactly 1,800 mining luck, you will have a 1.8% chance to get any of the rare items, since you are above the minimum threshold for Tier 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you have 2,500 mining luck points, your chance will be 2.5%, and so on.
We strongly encourage you to check out our article explaining luck in New World. It covers how luck works, how you can gain luck through leveling your gathering professions, and all the other sources to give luck such as cooked food, equipment sets, trophies, and more.
All Mining Resources in New World and Rarity
- Stones & Boulders: Required Mining Skill: 0
- Saltpeter: Required Mining Skill: 0
- Iron Vein: Required Mining Skill: 0, Trackable at 25:
- Iron Ore
- Small Quartz Crystal
- Fae Iron
- Sliver of Cobalt
- Shard of Cobalt
- Chunk of Cobalt
- Sliver of Crystal
- Shard of Crystal
- Chunk of Crystal
- Tier 2 Gems
- Tier 3 Gems
- Tier 4 Gems
- Tier 5 Gems
- Silver Vein: Required Mining Skill: 10, Trackable at 35:
- Seeping Stone: Required Mining Skill: 20, Trackable at 45
- Gold Vein: Required Mining Skill: 45, Trackable at 70:
- Alchemy Stones: Required Mining Skill: 50, Trackable at 75:
- Elemental Mote
- Elemental Lodestone
- Other Crafting Mods
- See the last section of the Complete New World Mining Guide for full details on Alchemy Stones
- Starmetal Vein: Required Mining Skill: 100, Trackable at 125:
- Lodestone: Required Mining Skill: 105, Trackable at 155:
- Platinum Vein: Required Mining Skill: 110, Trackable at 135:
- Orichalcum Vein: Required Mining Skill: 175, , Trackable at 135:
- T4 Gems
- Mountain Elemental: Required Mining Skill 100: This is an enemy you can kill and mine their remains. You can find these in Reekwater, Edengrove, or Weaver’s Fen.
- Tundra Elemental: Required Mining Skill 100: This is an enemy you can kill and mine their remains. You can find these in Brightwood, Edengrove, or Ebonscale Reach.