GameInformer promised a massive blowout of information on Rockstar’s latest open-world crime-fest GTA V.
Well, steady yourselves, because that promise has been delivered with the latest issue from GameInformer, bringing with it a whole host of details and interviews with the people behind the scenes making the game happen.
Check out the main gameplay details below:
- Three main protagonists: Trevor (career criminal), Michael (retired bank robber), and Franklin (street thug).
- You’ll have the ability to switch between the three protagonists during most of the game, and at times they’ll come together to work as a team.
- Each main character will have their own personality, motivation and skill sets.
- The world of GTAV—Los Santos—is claimed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas, and GTA IV combined.
- There will be underwater portions of the game’s world that you’ll be able to explore.
- You’ll be able to customize the look of the main characters (but the game won’t have the deeper character stats of San Andres).
- Some side missions that’ll be in the game are yoga, triathlons, tennis, full games of golf, jet skiing, and base jumping.
- Rockstar promises side missions and activities that are more complex than Red Dead Redemption.
- GTA V will feature an in-game economy to some extent (but no buying and selling of properties).
- Heists will be a big part of the game.
- In one example of what can happen in the game, a player leaves a trail of gasoline running to a vehicle, drops a lighter on the gas, the flame travels the trail to the vehicle, and there’s a huge explosion.
- Phone interface will still be a part of the game, but with an updated look and UI, and friends will no longer call you.
- You’ll be able to develop friendships in the game, but no romances.
- The second trailer for GTA V will be coming on November 14th.
As you can see there’s no character stats or skill building like there was in GTA: SA. Some will be disappointed, others won’t care, and others will complain that Yoga is in the game but going to the gym isn’t.
First world problems…
Do you like the look of what’s to come? How about playing as three characters? Are you a yoga fan looking to get your yoga fix? Let us know in the comments below and remember to check back in with The Games Cabin for updates.