That’s right, the title is correct, we’re currently going through the process of making our first game!
OK, it’s not that exciting and it won’t be a billion dollar blockbuster, but since Sony waived the PlayStation Mobile fee, why not?
For us, it’s a definite learning curve; we know nothing about making game, absolutely diddley-squat, but we’re going to go ahead and do it anyway, because we’re bad like that.
In all seriousness, it’s not about making money but instead to see how difficult it really is to make a small game. Hopefully by taking on this challenge we’ll be able to give you a deeper insight into what game development is like and in turn, we’ll all hopefully appreciate how much of an undertaking it is and appreciate the efforts that go into the smaller games.
Enough babble, here’s what we’re doing.
- It’s a 2D side-scroller.
- It’s for the PlayStation Mobile platform (Vita specifically.)
- The hero is a fat cowboy with a love for steaks, whiskey and cigars.
- Aliens are mutilating cows (when aren’t they?!) and it’s pissing our character off, they’re his steak damn it!
- Not a single line of code has been written.
- The main character has a bad-ass name.
- We could use some help. (Sony, if you’re reading, please send over 50 of your best people.)
That’s it. Each week we’ll update you on the latest goings on. There will be laughter, there will be blood (actually already have that, paper cut…) and there will be tears (paper cut actually caused some manly tears,) so feel free to follow our progress and direct any and all questions to the comments section, or just email us at [email protected] or [email protected]
Wish us luck! (We’re definitely going to need it.)
Like The Games Cabin on Facebook for the latest gaming news, to track our progress (or lack of) and to join in with the discussion.
Have you ever tried to make a game? Did it hurt much? Will be need loads of bandages? Share your experiences down below.